Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing 16 - LibraryThing

I have been on Library Thing before and found it interesting, but had not created a library of my own there. I added some things that I have just read. I can see it would be very useful to me, since most of the books I read I borrow from the library. Tagging what I read will give me an idea of the ways the books I read connect to each other. It will be useful to see other's reviews also.
The most exciting thing about Librarything is the "I See Dead People's Books." There are many authors there i like, and it will be interesting to try to acquire some of the books they read. I would like to help out this project so I will contact someone from this list to see what I can do.

The thingology blog has useful updates but it will take me awhile to really understand the implications of all the listings. Being new to the field, and a student but not an employee, makes it hard to see how everything fits together. I need to do back up reading on the OCLC, for instance, to understand the references on Thingology.

No comments:

Post a Comment