Monday, June 1, 2009

Library 2.0

Being a slow and systematic learner means, of course, that I viewed the first two items first...
These are the concepts I jotted down as I read - adult learners learn from reflecting, we are 'experience based learners', there are 'unintended consequences' to learning through Library 2.0, librarians are in a 'frantic search to find their niche', and we need to find a way to include 'non-authoritative' material into our library websites and decide how to label it. Whew!
Also two things were mentioned that I was not familiar with, 'bloglines' (Does this mean the list of posts to a blog that form a dateline?) and "Ancestors in your Attic" (noted as a library service somewhere in Canada). (I will google these later.)
I will, therefore, spend some time reflecting on these things and viewing the last two items from the list, and report back with my more cohesive thoughts on the subject of library 2.0. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment