Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing 19: Google Docs

I had never used google docs before and found it quite interesting. The thing I like best was the abilility to turn my document into a pdf. Currently, I do not have that capability through Micrrosoft or Adobe. (I believe I would have to pay for that function through them).

I also liked being able to view my presentation as a presentation or through Microsoft Powerpoint. That would allow me to share more presentaions with people who don't use Google doc and do not wish to sign up for it. I could see how it would be very useful when preparing awork presentation to have the quick feature of sending it to a co-worker to edit.

The spreadsheet option did not work properly for me. I am using IE 8 and their google doc's help site said they were aware of the issue and were working on it. By the way, I liked their help site. It seemed user friendly.

I also think it would be useful to create a document at work and then seamlessly open it on my home computer without emailing it to myself. so, all in all, this is a program I would use.

No comments:

Post a Comment